Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday December 1st

Mom goes to the radiation oncologist this week for her consultation. The sooner she begins radiation the better. She is tired of Drs. offices and such.

She is still very emotional. I wish I had a solution, but I don't.

She had a nice Thanksgiving, but cried again. I only wish they were happy tears.

Please say a prayer for Jane, a woman we have come to know through her blog; she lives in New Wilmington. She is scheduled for brain surgery this week due to a brain tumor. I have not met her in person, but she inspires me every day. What a fighter she is.

I will update on Mom's radiation schedule when I know the plan.

Mo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Maureen and Mrs. Salmen,
I just wanted to drop a line to let you know I am thinking of you and you are always in my prayers. I was so glad to catch up on the blog and read the progress -- my computer crashed a while ago, and I just found the link back here.
Maureen, you know YOU are heaven sent. When you write about angels, please know in your heart that you are one, too! God bless you for your caring ways, and Mrs. S. you are stronger than you'll ever know. I'm sending you "air" hugs until I get to visit with a great big hug. Stay strong, 2nd mama . . .
I wish you all the positive outlook that remains steadfast with recovery, and from what I can see, you're focused on the resolves (not just the reactions).
I am mailing you something I think you will enjoy. I haven't gotten to catch up with you yet, but I'm publishing M.D. NEWS, and the 1st issue has come out, and yes, the focus topic is cancer. I think you will be all familiar with the content - but it may be enlightening. I also got you a book to bring some humor to your days. They say laughter is the best medicine, and this book is written by another cancer survivor.
Let me know when you receive my package, and until we see each other, my heart stays with you!!
Love always, Lori "strits"

Maureen said...

Stritz,

I love you so much and appreciate your love and prayers for Mom. I am living back at home with them. Dad could not have taken care of Mom all by himself through all of this. I think about you every single day and wish I had more spare time in my life. I am working two jobs, taking care of Mom and busy running Brittany back and forth to Pitt every now and then.

PLEASE call me the next time you are in New Castle. Or anytime at all. My number at work (day job) is 724-657-3470.

Mom is going today to get her marker for where they will direct her radiation. She must go for 7 weeks.

Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers. They are much appreciated. You are the best!

Love you,

Mo