Wednesday, December 31, 2008

More Radiation and Hope for the New Year

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was quiet, but there was much to be thankful for. Mom is doing better, although she is still losing weight. Her spirits were high last week. We attended church on Christmas Eve and she was overcome with emotion when our Pastor was giving her sermon. One of our church council members sang "O Holy Night". He has such an amazing voice and it brought joy to my heart listening to him sing.

Brittany went to church with Joshua and his family. Afterwards they came over and we opened our gifts from Rob & Laura. Then we played a game I had bought for Britt & Josh. What fun we had and Mom & Dad were laughing so hard. It was awesome to see them forget about their troubles and enjoy themselves.

Christmas morning Britt went to Josh's early for their family gift exchange. Once she got home, we opened our gifts. Mom had a wonderful day and that was our goal. I did make her put the red bow on her head, but I forgot the camera so I could post the picture. Next week, I will be sure and post it for everyone.

On Friday I took her to radiation while Dad spent some quality time with Brittany. She is now two weeks into radiation with 5 weeks to go. :)

She has no side effects as of yet; she lacks energy, but she has for some time now. Treatment does that to you. Once she is finished with radiation, my brother and sister-in law are going to fly her down to Florida to spend some time with them and my Grandmother who is 96. Mom hasn't seen her mother for a few years and she cannot wait to visit with her. I am in awe of the fact that no matter how old we are, we still want our mommies when we don't feel well or are in need of a hug.

Nothing special is planned for New Year's Eve tonight. I may rent some movies if I have time and we will be together and count our blessings.

I hope that everyone has a Happy New Year.

Mo

No comments: