Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Markers for Radiation

Mom went to see her radiation oncologist yesterday and discovered that she will have to have 7 weeks of radiation. She has an appointment today to receive her markers so the radiation goes to the right place. The were at the Drs. office for about 3 1/2 hours, with 1 and 1/2 hours being with the doctors. Mom said he went through each and every one of the pages in her charts. Very thorough. Which is a good thing. When she was there, a social worker came and brought some knitted caps that are provided for cancer patients. Mom picked out 6 hats to wear this winter! The funny thing is that I had just read about this project on the New Castle News online. There was a little article about local women who knit hats for cancer patients and the hats are free through the Cancer Society. I was going to tell Mom about it and then they showed up at the doctor's office.

Mom was like a little kid at Christmas showing me her hats last night. I believe I am finally getting through to her that Christmas isn't about how many presents you give/receive. As long as my mom is alive and healthy on Christmas Day, that is present enough for me!

Back to work I go. Again, thank you for your thoughts and prayers and please say a prayer for Jane. She is a local woman who is having surgery for her brain tumor today.

Love you all.

Mo

No comments: